Know About Me

My photo
Hubli/Karnataka, Lucknow/Uttar Pradesh, India
Ajay Suman Shukla grew up and completed his schooling in a rural area in Auraiya District of Uttar Pradesh. He completed M. Phil. in social work and post graduated from University of Lucknow with an MSW, where he was first exposed to the social sector and the work of Non-profit organizations. Since July 2009 Ajay is working with LEAD (LEders Accelerating Development) Program of Deshpande Foundation, Hubli, Karnataka, a program creating young Leaders. Ajay is a fellow Deshpande fellowship program on social entrepreneurship. Ajay has worked for one and a half years as Secretariat (Program) Associate with Men’s Action for Stopping Violence Against Women (MASVAW), which had a developed network working in 36 districts of Uttar Pradesh on ending gender discrimination and VAW. Ajay is keenly interested in networking, leadership, social entrepreneurship and securing people’s involvement in development action, particularly in efforts involving youth. Ajay is keenly interested in training youth and enhance their confidence and self motivation.
You are Visitor No.

Monday, February 2, 2009

A Horrible Night

(My One Night Biography)
At 8 pm on 31st I left Hubli. I was at Ankola Bus Stop at 12 am on 1 February. I watched here and there but no one was there to tell me the except a shopkeeper, he told me the way of Ankola Railway station and said that it is on walking distance. So I decided to not hire the auto and started walking towards railway station. I had to met my cousin who was coming from Lucknow and going to Mangalore and train stops only for two minutes at Ankola railway station.



It was 12 midnight so no more people were there on the way. I asked one cycle man he gesture me to move strait (Because I was not able to get his Cannada speech). Again after walking some more I asked two more people the way they guided me. Now after 15 minutes I was on high way away from the city. There was no one person on this lonely way I was just keep moving ahead with hope to reach to the destination soon. After walking around 2 and half KM I saw a shop beside the road where shop keeper was going to close it. I asked him for the railway station he said after one km near a Dhaba you have to turn left. I was assured so again started walking. On this lonely high way only trucks were passing every after some minutes and it was a dark night, only I was able to see properly way in the trucks headlight and after passing the truck again it was dark on the road. Now I was much far from the city and no one was there to tell me the way that where should I go? I reached near light place it was a Diabetes research centre but on the gate I was not able see any one.
Now there was fear and I was misguide that what should I do? At the same time I saw on contact numbers on the hording of Diabetes Centre So I dialled the number, ring was going and I was listening that near by the place where I was standing that phone was ringing, a man picked up the call he said "hello" in sleepy way. I request him for the help to tell me the way of railway station. I was not getting him much because he was speaking in Kannada and Hindi mix. I disconnected the call. Now again I was thinking that what should I do.........I dialed '100' number and request for the help, he gave me a phone number of a railway station and said to call on this number for help because he was speaking from Karwar centre. I dialed that number and asked for help that policeman was also from Karwar Police Station and he said that he is 35 km far from the location and gave me Ankola Police Station's Number. I make call to this number and explained all about my problem and location he said me to go some more ahead.
I was sure that now I will reach very soon to the railway station, again I walked around 1 and half km more but there was no way for the railway station. I was in dilemma that what should I do now? should I move ahead or should I go back. There were jungle around me apart from huge trees nothing was there to whom I could ask for help. But I was keep walking ahead then I saw a small mill. The gate was locked and watchman was not there. But one dog was there on gate, I thought that if I go near the dog he will start barking and some one sure come to see that why he is barking. But I was failed in this experiment that dog was just watching me and no barking no movement. Then I saw that near the gate in a room two people are sleeping, I knocked the gate to get up them, one of them got up and after listening me he replied that " you have come very much away from the railway station, go back around two km and then turn right near the Dhaba." I innocent what could do? again turned back and now I started running. Meanwhile my cousin gave me call and asked that have you reached railway station? I explained him in brief all about it. Now after running around two km I was near a Dhaba there some boys were watching television I asked them the way. Told me again go back the side I was coming and turn left from first turn. I did the same and again after walking one and half km through a very narrow way covered by trees I was able to reach Ankola Railway Station at 1:35 am .

2 comments:

  1. Hi this is very nice night for you i thought you didn't a brave boy.but that night your personal
    experience. After one months i read a book Dracula house there writer is a superstitious man real story
    so you are also superstitious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you read this book is a real story my brother bought in USA. i read many more time. i thought this book writer was a hero because he was a best friend the Dracula .

    ReplyDelete