Know About Me

My photo
Hubli/Karnataka, Lucknow/Uttar Pradesh, India
Ajay Suman Shukla grew up and completed his schooling in a rural area in Auraiya District of Uttar Pradesh. He completed M. Phil. in social work and post graduated from University of Lucknow with an MSW, where he was first exposed to the social sector and the work of Non-profit organizations. Since July 2009 Ajay is working with LEAD (LEders Accelerating Development) Program of Deshpande Foundation, Hubli, Karnataka, a program creating young Leaders. Ajay is a fellow Deshpande fellowship program on social entrepreneurship. Ajay has worked for one and a half years as Secretariat (Program) Associate with Men’s Action for Stopping Violence Against Women (MASVAW), which had a developed network working in 36 districts of Uttar Pradesh on ending gender discrimination and VAW. Ajay is keenly interested in networking, leadership, social entrepreneurship and securing people’s involvement in development action, particularly in efforts involving youth. Ajay is keenly interested in training youth and enhance their confidence and self motivation.
You are Visitor No.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Launch of LEAD Gulbarga

It was early morning on 29th July when I reached Gulbarga, a city that is situated in the north of Karnataka state of India. This region is also called as Hyderabad Karnataka as it touches the boundaries of Hyderabad dynasty.
The Hindu: state publication

The day was to officially launch of LEAD (LEaders Accelerating Development) a youth leadership moment. At 10:00 am it was everything set for the press meet and there was a wait of few remaining media persons of the city. My team of this region, Ms. Kavita Kawalgi and Mr. Vikram Patil were all prepared with all the logistic arrangements.



I along with my colleague Kavita were on the front to face the questions of media people. After I announced about the LEAD it was the time for media and they started one by one. I really appreciate the senior reporter of The Hindu who had lot many questions for me to answer and rest media persons were busy in taking note of each point that is coming out of my mouth. I was very much sure that each word of mine will be public so had to be very much conscious as it was an official meet where I was representing my organization and the program that is too much close to my heart.

Interaction with media representatives
Few electronic media representatives were there along with their video cameras and mikes to record everything. Front face facing cameras, dozen of senior media persons and being the center point target for each.... it was not at all hesitating or fear to me rather I was enjoying this moment.

My colleagues were very confident on me they were in full confidence that I can handle it very well. After the media conference they asked me... " how many media conferences you have faced earlier???"... and I could only smile...
Kavita told, "Today I realized that how tough questions media people ask and very much direct like an operation... attack... attack."
I reply calmly, " media want to show the real picture to their readers whatever they could get and to get it they may go in detail... "

Each media representative was smiling face while leaving from the conference hall.

Orientation at N.V. College, Gulbarga

The half of the rest day and next day was very much packed in meeting principals, faculties and students, taking orientations for students and faculties to explain about the LEAD and how they can realize and develop their leadership potential on this platform.
Enjoyed the time at Gulbarga.


No comments:

Post a Comment